Monday, August 16, 2010

Surprisingly perfect

{Kenilworth Castle ruins, Warwickshire, England, UK}
Hope you had a great weekend! Although work events foiled my plans to visit a lovely area of England (above), all was not lost.

I got to enjoy pseudo sangría...just to lubricate the brain cells. :) (My quick-and-dirty recipe* would make an afficionado cringe, forgive me)...

{I wouldn't mind these Giuseppe Zanotti's}
Dressy heels imparted a snazzier home office vibe (beats working in a robe, no?)

Soaked-up the incomparable Nina Simone (good for brain waves :)

Even savored pseudo, 35-minute paella with the pseudo sangría.*

{That's amore! Julia's pizza pie, Da Michele, Napoli, Italia}
Once the crunch ended, a friend dragged me to "Eat Pray Love" -- in all, it was a surprisingly perfect weekend.
~ Wishing you a surprisingly perfect week! ~

*PSEUDO SANGRÍA
1 bottle (750 ml) chilled red wine, a few strips orange zest and lemon zest, ~7-10 optional ice cubes (if you don't have time to chill the wine), 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar, juice of 4 oranges, juice of 2 lemons, 3 cups (750 ml) sparkling water (a little less if using ice cubes), and optional apple and/or peach wedges. In large pitcher, mix wine, orange & lemon zest, and ice cubes. In small bowl, stir orange juice and sugar until dissolved, then add to wine. Add lemon juice, sparkling water, and apple/peach wedges to wine. Stir and muddle things up a bit to get fruit juices flowing, garnish with mint, lemon & orange slices, if you like, and ENJOY!

(Images from Jason Twist via Pictures of Englandfood network, fashion magazine, Amazon, Stockmann and EOnline.)

21 comments:

Unknown said...

food loooks yummy xxxxxxx

Lisa Gordon said...

I want to be wearing those shoes, while eating paella, drinking sangria, and staring at that gorgeous sky. Hmmmm, I wonder if someone can arrange that for me. :-)
Great shots!

Stacey said...

There's a bit of everything in this post! I love it all and will have to try that recipe! Happy Monday Jude:-)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the sangria recipe.

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a nice weekend...:))

Cat said...

Yum...I could totally go for a glass of that sangria right now (not that appropriate since it is 11am Monday morning ;))

Jude said...

Hi Kirsty - thanks! Hope you have a better week!

Hi Lisa - thank you! - hee hee, despite everything, these wkd events might actually bear repeating ;-)

Hi Stacey - I know, I'm so random (sorry!! :) Your S. African post today was so fun! Hope your Monday is perfectly a-may-zing!

Thanks Connie :) - it might not be a super-geniune sangria, but I promise it'll hit the spot!

Hi Jane - congrats on finishing your shoot! Would love to hear more, and thanks for dropping-in! :)

Jude said...

HI CAT! - I hear you! Don't worry, the sangria is full of anti-oxidants & goodness (red wine, fruits, sparkling water fizzies) - good for 11am tasks! ;-)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I'm going to watch the movie this week! Damichele's history is quite amazing!

Jude said...

Hi LenoreNeverMore (love your screen-tag) - ooh, hope you enjoy! It's not serious film-fare, I admit, but fun and lusciously-filmed. :) That's so cool about Da Michele's! Thanks for dropping-by!

K and S said...

sounds like a great weekend!

Jude said...

Hi Kat - it was, despite everything! Hope yours was great & your week goes well!

stylenuggets said...

Those shoes-sigh, perfect

Becca. said...

i've never been to the castle ruins, what are they like?

XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

Stacey said...

O.K., you are hilarious:-). I'm popping back over here to tell you that i'm happy you really liked my african post! xo

Tiffany Kadani said...

So sad you didn't make it to England but oh my goodness it sounds like you had a splendid weekend. That paella looks perfect. And those shoes? Stunning for sure!

Jude said...

Hi MarchMusings - oh, I know, le *sigh* :)

Hi Becca - I do hope to find out one day (when work doesn't get in the way :)) They look so gorgeous!

Hi Stacey - hee hee, I couldn't help myself! (The photos were too beautiful!)

Hi Tiffany - thanks! Despite it all, the wkd was fun - life is funny that way! I *heart* those shoes. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That sangría sounds wonderful:)

Yummy...stuff:) Wish you a wonderful week too,sweetie

Kisses

Jude said...

Thanks Diana - wishing you a lovely week (full of sangria, if possible :)!!

Annie said...

That picture of the ruins in England is awesome!!

Jude said...

Hi Annie, thank you so much! I missed it this time but hoping for a 2nd chance to visit :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails